Client two

Leave a Comment

Questionnaire


Katie Gillies :

1. What was the inspiration behind your designs?

Minimalist and Modern architecture inspires my work. In particular 20th Century architect Mies van der Rohe with his theories of simplicity and clarity of design influences my work. I mainly focus on the forms, ratios, proportions and materials that are used within a building and its surrounding environment so that I can experiment and create a combination of surface pattern and designs which are aesthetically pleasing to the eye.


2. What materials have been used?

Within these two fabric designs, it was simply a couple of photographs of marble and granite surfaces that I had taken while researching for my final major project. The fabric is silk organza.

3. Where can you see your work being sold? 

My market is aimed towards interior, industrial and architectural spaces. However fashion wise, it would be a dream to sell or to work for a company such as Cos.


4. How important is the right retail environment for your brand/image etc?

The right retail environment is very important for my collection. I always aim for a certain target market, thinking about how my designs would work within that certain area of the market.

5. Can you see yourself making other designs in the future?


Yes of course, this is ultimately what I want to do for living.

SHARE:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig