Client Two

Leave a Comment

Questionnaire

Bethany-Jayne Dolton:

Why did you choose dance as a career?

I've danced all my life so it felt only natural that I would pursue it as a career. I was told as a young child to 'do something that you enjoy and you won't work a day in your life' and it's really stuck with me and has always been at the forefront of my mind. I love that every day I wake up and I look forward to the day ahead and on the day that I wake up with dread then I know it's time to give up.

What makes dance special to you?

Dance is such a competitive industry but it also allows everyone to be individual which is what I love about it. I love all the glamour that goes along side it - stage make up and having your hair done/ But most of all, I thrive off the buzz that I get from working on stage with a live audience. Nothing compares to it. Hours feel like seconds and the huge adrenaline rush you get at the end of a performance is incomparable.

What inspires you to dance?

I literally couldn't give you one answer. Other dancers, choreography, the feeling of being on stage, emotions! I literally find inspiration in the unlikeliest of places. As clique as it sounds, dancing really is about how it makes you feel inside be it happy, sad, angry, whatever! If you don't feel it inside then you are doing something wrong!

Where do you see yourself in the future?

I'm currently about to graduate from a professional training school and my dream has always been to be on London's West End. I'm doing well at auditions at the minute and I'm only new to the business (it really is a case of working your way to the top!) so I'm happy to be offered anything at the minute and remain an open book, but my ultimate career goal is West End. Eventually I want to teach so that I can give my experiences to others and help them grow as dancers too.

What did you like about the shoot location?


I loved that as soon as I walked in I was captivated by the light pouring in through the big beautiful warehouse windows. As a space it was large and airy and allowed us to relax immediately. The exposed beams and stone floors gave an olden school feel to a room that was decorated in a modern fashion. It truly was such an amazing location and I feel that the pictures really reflect that.


SHARE:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig