Client two

Leave a Comment

Lamberts Yard  x Katie Gillies

                                                                             Evaluation

Lamberts Yard is a contemporary fashion store it first opened its doors in Winter 2013 as a pop-up shop and exhibition space. Its mission was to allow access to the previously disused building for the first time in decades and support the strongest independent designers across fashion and lifestyle. As an independent and creatively led project, the concept was rooted in re-imagining a previously unused urban space into something new and exciting, supporting independent brands and designers, and establishing Leeds as an international centre for independent design and manufacture.
As for my collaboration with Lamberts Yard it was extremely beneficial working within a professional space and using their personal clothes sold in store. The clothes chosen were not their most exclusive items however I had to choose items that the dancers could move in and not damage. I am extremely happy with the outcome and I hope that this client is also.
Katie Gillies is a graduate textile student working under her own name, after discussing with Katie about collaboration she was fully on board letting me use her textile designs and making them in to fabric for the dancers to move with.
At first when deciding on this collaboration my first thoughts and ideas were to create a fashion film and have me as the dancer conversely after deliberation I decided on bringing two professional dancers in as I felt it would be more valuable to me as I could then be the photographer, stylist and art director on the shoot.

In terms of the zine and postcard as soon as I seen the turn out of my photographs I knew I wanted the zine to be minimal and have white space as Lamberts Yard is such an open space itself therefore I could see the zine being in store.



SHARE:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig