Client One, Questionaire

Leave a Comment
1. What was the inspiration behind the collection?

To inspire my collection I looked at a wide range of books and magazines on vintage sportswear and sports throughout the years, I also found my main lead of inspiration from a child's ski jacket I found in a Charity shop along with the cocoon silhouette I had selected, I merged the two ideas together to come up with my final line up.

2. What materials have been used?

I stayed away from the traditional sportswear fabrics and decided to create my own fabric by designing a floral print using illustrator and having neoprene embossed to create a more a couture feel and to put a spin on the traditional tracksuit fabric, this gave the fabric depth, I also laser cut the Floral design to crate the sense of illusory on the cat walk. I also used silks, Jacquards and holographic fabric. My colour pallet was very fresh using shaded of blues, whites and a hint of black.


3. What are your key pieces?

The key piece for my collection has to be outfit number one, the tracksuit; the oversized cocoon sleeves added to the tracksuit jacket giving a real sense of swag.


4. Who would you love to see wearing your collection?

I think Rhianna would be able to work it in my collection.


5. Where can you see your collection being sold?

I would love to see my collection being sold in Dover St Market, London.


6. How have you grown as a designer since graduating?

In your final year you are able to choose your own path for your final collection, I feel this allows you to create your own vision and allowing you to grow as a designer. I am now working for a Manchester based supply company, I am designing for one of the biggest fashion retailer on the high street and I am able to let me creativity show through my designs each season, I love my job!


7. How important is the right retail environment for your brand/image etc?

I think it is extremely important you get your branding right from the start; you need to know who your customer is. Who she inspires to be? What she loves to do in her social time/ what are her interest? Having other brands close by so she can mix and match her wardrobe, she needs the atmosphere in the shop to feel good by having music to match your branding.... All this is essential to get the right image across to your customer, she needs to feel comfortable to shop, you need to make her feel like she needs a piece of your collection to complete her life!

8. How important is it to you to get press or PR’s involved in promoting your collection?

I think if you are able to get your collection in the press this would help massively with the customers’ confidence, if they know who you are they have more reason to shop with you. Everyone knows you are the new big thing! They would know your brand and what it stands for and it gives the public an inside to the collection. By having publicity you are allowing the public to see who you are and where they can buy your clothes from!


9. Can you see yourself making other collections in the future?

Yes I would definitely consider creating another collection, I have been looking into menswear...I would love to create a menswear collection....watch this space!
SHARE:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig